top of page

How do I file a complaint?

It is FREE to file.

There is no cost or fees associated with filing a complaint.

You may request a complaint form in a different language by calling 1-888-392-3644

You do not need an attorney.

DHR will assign an attorney for you if your case goes to a public hearing. However, you may retain a private attorney if you prefer.

If you are unsure about filing, contact DHR.

They can answer your questions. You may also feel free to check out our self-screening questionnaire at

Different ways to file.

You may file by phone, email, mail, or in person.

You can find our complaint form at

Phone: 1-844-862-8703



Regional Office

One Monroe Square

259 Monroe Avenue, 3rd Floor Rochester, NY 14607

(585) 238-8250

bottom of page